Thursday, March 4, 2021

In the Middle

One of the many strange parts of this pandemic has been the odd sense of waiting. But what exactly I am waiting for feels foggy.

A vaccine appointment? Visits with friends and family? Traveling? Worshipping together in large groups? Enjoying gatherings and parties? 

Certainly it is all of these things. Maybe it is something much more. 

There is a loss of innocence we are all experiencing. Having to consider
things that came effortlessly before. I think I recognize that there will be a new "normal." Perhaps I'm waiting for my head and heart to catch up with that reality. 

Either way, sitting here in the middle-ness of whatever place we wait, I search for words of wisdom to calm the worry. 

Sometimes I stumble upon ones that feel like a gift. 

"The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow and every day. Either he will shield you from suffering or give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginings." ~ Saint Francis de Sales

Be at peace...in the middle, as we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment