Monday, March 11, 2013

Rescue Me

I will praise you Lord, for you have rescued me.

Today is one of those days when I would most certainly like to be rescued. Deadlines loom, house is a mess, after school schedule is full, dinner is not planned . . . and so it goes. The story is familiar to us all. Jammed packed days, restless nights.

In the hectic pace of daily life, it's so easy to lose touch with who I am. I start defining myself by what I do and how much. For me, being rescued today means remembering that I'm more than what I need to accomplish. I'm blessed beyond measure. I am grateful.

Life's hectic. But you are blessed with God's grace. Remember, you have already been rescued.

In the whirlwind of life, in the hurly-burly of things and people and work, we risk the loss of life itself. We risk the loss of focus. Suddenly, we one day realize, we don't know what our lives actually are anymore, except that they are about too much. We risk the loss of relationships. We get too busy, too scattered, to attend to the truly human intimacies we need if we are to say in touch with what it means to be human. We risk the loss of balance. We risk the loss of direction.  
It's not the busyness that destroys us. It is simply being perpetually busy with things that only scatter rather than deepen us.
~ Joan Chittister from Welcome to the Wisdom of the World

Take some time today to think deeply, love deeply, and pray deeply. It may make all the difference.

I will praise you Lord, for you have rescued me.




No comments:

Post a Comment