Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wonder as I Wander

Remember your mercies, O Lord.

I love the words in today's Psalm,

Make known to me your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my savior.
~Psalm 25: 4–5

Such beautiful poetry, the words and rhythm are soothing to the soul. I also love the imagery. I see a compassionate and wise Father who knows what's best . He sees the bigger picture, but doesn't impose the route on me. Instead, he waits patiently as I wander about, often taking the long way. Still, it's good to know he's there for the times when I stop being stubborn and willingly ask for directions.

When was the last time you checked in and asked God to show you the way? What path are you on? Is it leading you where you want and need to go?


A Prayer for the Journey 
God, set me on the path again.
Turn me to the rising sun
     when I need to be inspired.
Turn me to wilderness
     when I need to be lost.
Turn me toward the business of the world
     when I need to work.
Turn me toward the mountain
     when I need to be refreshed.
Then turn me toward the sunset
     when I need rest.
Amen.
~poem by Becca Stevens from Hither and Yon

Remember your mercies, O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment