Thursday, December 12, 2013

13 . . .

Have you noticed how putting ornaments on the Christmas tree is a lot like looking through the pages of an old family album. Each one you hang comes attached with a flood of memories. I must admit my absolute favorite ornaments are the ones my children have made. I especially enjoy the photo ornaments from each year. As time passes, I look more and more forward to seeing their tiny smiling faces surrounded by all that glitter. (And let's face it, what kid in elementary school didn't think they looked so much cooler smiling out of those cardboard stars or snowmen when "MORE GLITTER" was involved!)



I also really love the ornaments we made together as a family. Those craft projects to fill a Saturday afternoon have become such a sweet reminder of togetherness. Only now do I realize that time together is truly the most treasured and hardest gift to find.


What story do the ornaments on your tree tell? How many memories do you unwrap as you hang each delicate trinket? As we reach the halfway point in our little virtual Advent calendar, I wish you happy decorating and the warmest of thoughts and happiest of remembrances.

No comments:

Post a Comment