Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thank you, God!

Save me, O Lord, in your kindness.

Think back to the last time you found yourself in a difficult moment. What thoughts came to mind? For myself, there seems to be an innate reaction toward an uncomplicated "Help me, God" kind of response. When I'm faced with danger or fear, this prayer or plea comes to mind.

"Save me. Get me out of this. Please God, help me."

Deep down, beyond thought and reason, there is a desire to seek comfort from God. No matter how far I may stray, when faced with something beyond my control, I want God in my life. I want to be saved.

During this time of Lent, I try to remind myself to find God in the joyful moments of life, as well. I want to look at the little miracles around me and have the same kind of immediate response as I do when I am in need.

"Praise God. Thank you, God. What blessings you have given me!"

In what ways do you feel God's presence? Do you recognize his kindness in your daily joys, as well as in your need?

Save me, O Lord, in your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment